Is it theoretically possible to reduce the height of a wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is brought upon an idea to fix my problem with my roof. Our roof slants to the right, and on the right side of the house, there's a wall higher than the roof. There's an image in the thread above.

To fix the gutter and the leaks, the first idea was to raise the roof to the right wall's height, but that would entail moving the whole roof above, ceiling, wiring, and all. Then it dawned on me, I could just make the right wall be lower than the roof, extend the roof a bit, move the gutter outside the extended roof and that would be it, no more lifting of the whole roof required.

Is it possible to decrease the wall's height? As far as I know, the wall is made of concrete, I don't know if it's made of hollow blocks. [/url]

Sponsored Links
type in google images,,,,,,,,parapet walls,,,,,,,roof gullys

you will then see how easy your repair could be ;)

4 inch grinder,,,,strip of lead,,,,abit of repointing,,,,,,done

i havnt seen the job myself so it might not be this easy but this will give you a few ideas for a repair and to get your living standards back to normal

where does your gutter lead to???,,,pictures would be good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back