Is Jewsons granite fine enough for Granolitic screed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I've ordered the wrong materials. The suggested mix for Granolitic screed is 6:1:2 (Granite, Sand, Cement). I've ordered Granolitic dust from Jewson, but after I paid the guy said that it's size is from "dust" to 6mm particles. I've found it online:

I am wondering if this is suitable for a 6:1:2 mix?

Sponsored Links
If its 6mm to dust I would normally mix 5:1 with no sand for screed purposes, the dust is the fines. Your lucky, in the South West I cound'n't find it anywhere but managed to find 6mm granite and add sand. I trust that you are practised in trowelling to get a smooth finish.

Hi Maltaron, Jewsons told me to come to their branch in the morning to see it for myself before they deliver. If there's enough dust then I will say it's ok. If not then I will buy more sand.

It does look dusty: http://tradepoint.sgbd.co.uk/etrade...nite++6mm+-+Dust+-+Single+Trip+Large+Bulk+Bag

I have got a tradesman to do it for me in the end. I don't have the confidence to do it in one whole go because there is limited space, and there is no land around the garage (just the street) for doing the mixing, plus I would have to bring my own water. It's a strange freehold garage that doesn't belong to any house!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back