Is levelling required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to lay tiles on my kitchen floor and was going to take up any slight level problems with thicker cement. However, I have just done a survey of the floor and found it to dip in the middle by 10 - 12mm. Is this too much to take up with cement and would I be better levelling the floor first. Either way, I am going to have to buy the levelling compound or more cement.

Sponsored Links
About 9 sq.m. The current surface is some sort of floor compound similar to a self levelling type, but not level.

Does the floor gently and evenly dip or does just suddenly have a dimple in it. If it is an even slope then the sort of figures you're talking about shouldn't notice over the size of the floor. If the dip is a sharp dimle then I guess you're gonna have to fill it.

Sponsored Links
If you're using 450mm tiles - level it first. Any slight imperfection will show with tiles that big.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back