Is my boiler or wireless controller faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got home from a weekend away and found our central heating on and the house like an oven (typical - the weather had been nice!). I am looking for some general advice on the possible cause:

Boiler - Sabre 29HE (I know!) nearing two years old.

Salus wireless controller.

It has happened a couple of times recently, which I put down to maybe the controller batteries being in need of a change. This time though I switched the controller off earlier in the week, and it was still off when we returned home. Therefore, what could have sent the sign to the boiler? Can the part of the Salus thats physically connected to the boiler be a problem? (just thought - maybe the manual timer (which the wireless unit overrides) is kicking back in? I didnt look at its settings) Or is this more likely to be a Sabre problem?

Sponsored Links
have tried changing the jumper setting from something other than what appears to be the default - incase some other device is sending it a signal. if it still plays up i may call the boiler company before the warranty runs out

The fact the controller is a SALUS is leading me to believe that the Controller is the cause!!! however the correct way to test would be to disconnect the electrical cct (2 wires) from the boiler terminal block,
(not to be attemped if you are competent electrically due to high voltages)
why not ask the installer to come and investigate as you have mentioned a Warranty? ;)

Sponsored Links
good advice. if it happens again i will remove the controller from the equation. i have about a month left on the warranty (the installer isn't going to be interested though surely, at least not without a call-out charge - i needed to contact Vokera myself after it had been fitted, so they would be the ones to send someone)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back