Is my mitre saw stand set up ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a universal mitre saw stand. The arms which come out the end seem to be level on top of black thing rather than it being a stopper. Also had lots of screws etc with kit but I only have four holes on saw so just used four of them.
20190503_183940.jpg
20190503_183737.jpg

Sponsored Links
you would be better with the saw back a bit otherwise as you place wide timber onto the front leverage may try and tip the saw
adjust the side arm supports properly with the black bit folded down as thats a length stop to give you repeated accurate lengths as you stop against it not on top off it

you would be better with the saw back a bit otherwise as you place wide timber onto the front leverage may try and tip the saw
adjust the side arm supports properly with the black bit folded down as thats a length stop to give you repeated accurate lengths as you stop against it not on

It's only level with wood ontop of black bits strangely.

Will this set up hold a sleeper?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
as i say adjust the side supports up till level and move the saw back about 3 or4 inches
depends on sleeper size up to perhaps 120mm if you flip it [turn t over]
but you may still have uncut triangles at the back off the cut
https://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/power-tools-dewalt-bosch-milwaukee-evolution-makita/cordless-power-tools-drill-drivers-combi-drills-impact-drivers-angle-grinders-impact-wrenches/other-cordless/mitre-saw/dewalt-dcs365p2-mitre- saw.html#product_tabs_specification_tabbed

Felt it was too heavy for the arms of mitre saw stand so used another saw horse with wood on it to give more height. Is the mitre saw centred ok. Worried weight of sleeper would bend saws base. And even though have all these washers etc i just used four bolts . Ok?
20190506_141409.jpg
20190506_105747.jpg

Attachments

• 20190506_105743.jpg
    20190506_105743.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 143
yes every thing is ok
but you need to support the unsupported timber so when you finish the cut the weight is supported otherwise you will be left with a big heavy bit off timber trying to damage your saw and no hands spare to hold it

you will also find you have about 30mm uncut through the center when flipped with that size off timber
also take your time slow progress on dry timber only or it will close up
if it starts to bind ease off and start again
if it keeps binding dry the wood for a few days and start again
as your saw is rated at 50mm depth off cut dont be surprized if it struggles a bit but should do most off the cut

are you right handed ??

Last edited:
yes every thing is ok
but you need to support the unsupported timber so when you finish the cut the weight is supported otherwise you will be left with a big heavy bit off timber trying to damage your saw and no hands spare to hold it

you will also find you have about 30mm uncut through the center when flipped with that size off timber
also take your time slow progress on dry timber only or it will close up
if it starts to bind ease off and start again
if it keeps binding dry the wood for a few days and start again
as your saw is rated at 50mm depth off cut dont be surprized if it struggles a bit but should do most off the cut

are you right handed ??

Yeah right handed.

I was doing multiple cuts of the same size so used the first piece as a template. I turned the wood over and cut both sides then finished the middle off with a hand saw . There were two of us cutting the wood

normally you feed the wood left to right as your right hand is the operating hand and your left hand is the feed in hold tight hand this stops the temptation to cross hands in operation

as an aside the dustbag is badly designed n the down position the sawdust naturally falls out
i bent the wire so in the down position the bag is is fairly level
in the up position the bag goes about half onto the extractor
its also bent slightly to one side to clear the linkage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back