Is my next door neighbors boiler flue too close

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a new coach house (house that has a drive though so cars can acess garages behind it) and my next door neighbors boiler flue is located half way though this underneith my house is there a set distance this needs to be ?

Sponsored Links
This depends on where the boundary is... if the drive through is shared access it would be OK. If you own it this land his flue should be 600mm from your boundary.. The diagram in AD part J does not mention covered areas only balconies and carports, in this instance the clearance from the flue to the underside of the carport should be 200mm for fanned flue.
First port of call if you suspect it has been installed incorrectly would be the councils Building Control dept.....

Taken from a previous tech bulletin TB150 issued by corgi:
British Standard (BS) 5440-1: 2000 - Installation and maintenance of flues and ventilation for gas
appliances of rated input not exceeding 70kW net (1st, 2nd and 3rd family gases) – Part 1:
Specification for the installation and maintenance of flues – states: “terminals shall not be sited in
covered passageways between buildings”.
Therefore it is not acceptable to position a new flue terminal within the confines of a covered
passageway. If an existing appliance is to be replaced, and the flue currently terminates within a
covered passageway, an alternative location for the termination will need to be sought. This may lead to
the appliance having to be relocated.

You need to have a proper assessment by a gas-safe registered engineer. One would hope all is well in new build!

Sponsored Links
Slightly slow off the mark there hobhead, the last post on this topic was nearly three months ago...I would expect the problem is solved by now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back