Is planning permission required for a business sign if set onto wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone advise me as to whether planning permission would be necessary for a sign 4ft x 3ft if it was set on a stand that was on wheels so did not appear permanent to advertise my new Cattery business that is in a paddock off the lane where the sign would be situated.

I recently queried with my local council, who were at first unsure, but came back and said full planning was needed if it was fixed in the ground on posts.

The sign would be on our own land, on our lane and set back away from the highway.

Any advice would be much appreciated to get around planning!!

Sponsored Links
The poster who says " Cats rule" may be along and offer exact clarification;) I have seen large boot sale advertising hoardings - they are on wheels and appear on the (council owned ) roadside for a day or 2 before the event.

Sponsored Links
I am sure it's a planning "loophole" but a few farmers round here use side curtain lorry trailers "parked" on their fields. Just a coincidence that the side curtain contains a message

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back