Is the lean on this wall dangerous?

FFS, I'd have complained about all that compo on the path instead. o_O

Sponsored Links
Strange outcome! I would have at least knocked on the owners door and let them know that I have come from the council to inspect their wall that has been a complaint. Tell us where it is and we can all call the council about a dodgy wall!

If that block wall is perfectly perpendicular then I would say the brick wall is definitely dangerous!
Have a read of what this guy says then take a plumb bob and check the angle if you are still concerned. It may be that the owner is an elderly person and doesn't realise it is leaning so much. Might be worth knocking and having a polite word to express your concerns, especially if you know a lot of people/children pass by it each day.

When garden walls lean, collapse and go bad | Collier Stevens (collier-stevens.co.uk)

Tree roots probably the cause.

yes it could fall, maybe tomorrow maybe 50 years time.

Sponsored Links
I went past again today and measured it. It's 2m high and has a lean of 7°. I thought it looked more than that. There's a small hairline crack in the cement fillet between this wall and the new one so maybe it's moved a bit. I'll keep my eye on that crack to see if there's any movement relative to the new wall.

Be a good person and put a sign at each end,

This wall may collapse without warning,
Council were informed on ""date""
They decided the wall is not a danger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back