Is there a low-vibration sander out there?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get a decent sander suitable for general sanding duties such as skirtings, doors and architraves. I've currently got a Bosch sheet (?) sander which I inherited a while back and which I recently used for the first time following some work we've had done. However, I could only use it for about 5 mins due to the overly excessive vibrations. I've had a look around but can't find a sander that states 'vibration free'. I've seen the B&D one with a gel pad but this looks like a gimic and the Makita/DeWalt items look much the same. Does anyone know if there is a sander out there which is vibration free or genuinely low vibration? I've bought cheap stuff in the past and have been let down so am happy to buy a decent one, it just needs to not give me numb hands!!

Sponsored Links
Deluks said:
Well if it didn't vibrate it wouldn't be very good at sanding

I'm hearin yah but that vibration doesn't necessarily have to be passed onto the user. I was looking for the sander which best insulates against the vibes passing into your hands. It's not beyond the wit for some bod to design a great sander that's vibe free at the handle but sands like a good 'un. Maybe I'm a dreamer but I'm............

the only way you could reduce the vibration is to increse the mass /weight of the body to give the base somthing to push against then the base would go more berserk because it was gripping the work better :eek: :D ;)

Sponsored Links
Look at Festool. You probably need to try some at a dealer before you buy. Altering the speed makes a lot of difference to how much energy goes into your hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back