1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a simple explaination of building regs ?

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by stevewestern, 20 Apr 2013.

1. stevewestern

stevewestern

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am buying a house and want to make a few changes, some of which will require building regs.

I have had a quick look and just cannot make head or tail of what does or doesn't need approval - so is there any sort of list of what does in SIMPLE terms ?

The last time I did anything vaguely major to a house was about 25 years ago, when I opened up a through lounge and there have been a few changes since then - in those days you needed approval for the footings and steel beam and that was about it !

2. Sponsored Links
  3. tony1851

tony1851

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. stevewestern

stevewestern

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Tony - Just starting to read it.

Very much appreciated !

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local