Is there a superglue that's liquid not gel?

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
I want to do a hack with superglue and sodium bicarbonate, so it needs to be liquid superglue.
Any idea which superglues are liquid, not gel?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes you can get different thickness of superglue. Look at modeling shop supplies

• Thanks
Reactions: Min
Thank you Random Grinch (busy time of year for you) - there's a Screwfix 20 mins from here.
Thank you Wayners (best mix of sock and chocolate in your profile pic that I've seen in ages). I live in a small village of under 2000 inhabitants . . . . which has a model shop! So thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
The cheap shops like Poundland, B&M, and Home Bargains also sell it, you can get three or four tubes in a pack for £1.

I wonder if Mitre Mate (or similar) would work? After all it is basically a 2-part superglue with a liquid adhesive and a spray catalyser - and every joiner has some in their kit (and if they haven't, they should have)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
The Poundland and others, Pak of ten on a card, are as good as any. As the tubes are so small, use them, throw away. No worries about storing them correctly. You do know to store them in the fridge?
Yes, it's in the fridge with the Sugru and Milliput, . . . and lime pickle obvs :giggle:

yes but Miter mate hasn't got any 'bulking' material in it Like bicarb.
True, bit in its' intended "environment" it normally doesn't need any (a bit like PVA - if your joints are that bad you need to take up a hobby like welding instead...)

The suggestion was made in case the OP had some kicking about not being used.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back