Is there an answer to the economic conundrum?

Start making stuff the world wants to buy?
NEEDS not WANTS
=======
Spend what you have, dont borrow.
I bet there arnt many people adding to this thread that are debt free.
Then think about why you are in debt, dont tell me the children wanted this & that, let them make do with a stick & a ball.

Not at all, I couldn't give a fig if other countries NEED the stuff, just that they WANT to buy it.

Sponsored Links
Not at all, I couldn't give a fig if other countries NEED the stuff, just that they WANT to buy it.

Agreed.

No one 'needs' an app or a DVD, etc unless it's for work.

You don't 'need' a tick on your football boots.

People will generally buy stuff they need, of course. But the trick is to sell something they want.

I have to agree with merlin on that one , nationalisation of all transport, utilities, banks, energy production and large industry would be a start and then probably any firm employing over 25 people. This country used to own loads of industry but it's all been sold off in return for a short term profit mainly to forigners , and forign investment is nothing more than a way of exporting wealth from any country.

What you are talking about is a fag papers difference from communism.

History has proven it's economic suicide, and often leads to murderous dictators.

Stuff it please.

Sponsored Links
The HUGE mistake that this goverment has made is in the UNCONTROLLED application of budget cuts.

I am a Tory through and through and I abhorred Labours spend spend spend on anything with a problem.

Instead of meritocracy where good work was rewarded experts in office politics thrived and the honest withered.

However it was a huge mistake to demand wholesale cuts without regulation.
because the Nationalised industries like the NHS and the Councils were so heavily financed they were also the highest contractees to private businesses.

What uncontrolled cuts has allowed is the minions on the 'coal face' to be pressured and sacked while the managers keep their jobs while providing no service or worth to the country.

The stop has come down to private companies from both the drying up of necessary works AND the banks failure to lend.

Someone needs to lift their foot off the brake. The world is a money-go-round and if you stop it nobody has any fun.

AND the banks failure to lend.

Excess credit cause crash = solution = Excess credit.

Modern Keynesian in a nutshell.

Absolutely not the banks lent previously recklessly and uncontrolled.

There are many businesses now with perfectly good business plans and projections who still can't get funding.

Part of the problem as i see it is the Euro, all the Med. countries where we used to go for our holidays are now to exspensive, when the Euro collapses the currencies will go back to a lower level and we can once more afford our two weeks in the sun. SIMPLES:cool:

Also if the various peoples of these countries want to retire at an earlier age then so be it, just so long as i dont have to work into my 70s to pay for it.

I've heard how if the Euro gos t1ts up it will have a knock on effect in the UK, well i think most of us are already in that boat, so are we talking about the bankers now? In the 30s depression they fell on their sword or jumped from the windows of sky scrapers, why are they not doing that now?

There are many businesses now with perfectly good business plans and projections who still can't get funding.

Source?

As a prime example I have an apartment bringing in £475 a month and I put it up for sale at 75k
I had many interested buyers all wishing to purchase but none of them could get the banks to lend.

So I still have it and it brings me in a 12% return. I would have prefered the 20k I have in it back but in the lack of lending means I am stuck with it.

You also have the recent announcment that the banks are failing on their promises to lend and the net balance of the flow of cash is into the banks from interest and charges £96 billion a year more than it lends out.
There is scope here for the Banks to lend without even harming their solvency position.
I also had a friend who works in HBOS and he was in charge of a business lending unit in Leeds. They closed his department down because they simply weren't lending any money and he was shifted down to London to handle a new group that dealt with enquiries from Foreigners mainly Chinese who wanted to open British Bank accounts.

I think you'll find there are a lot of people in the same boat, i've got two properties i would love to be shot of so as to be able to go on to my next project, the town house i got for 240 in 2006 has had two offers of 250, so until i get my 270 i shall just have to carry on letting it out, if there are people out there waiting for the market to fall even further you may have a long wait, alternativly when a property becomes free you can rent off me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think you'll find there are a lot of people in the same boat, i've got two properties i would love to be shot of so as to be able to go on to my next project, the town house i got for 240 in 2006 has had two offers of 250, so until i get my 270 i shall just have to carry on letting it out, if there are people out there waiting for the market to fall even further you may have a long wait, alternativly when a property becomes free you can rent off me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Property is only worth, what you can sell it for. (not what you think its worth).

I am in the process of buying a new (for me )house. I have paid the asking price not that I wanted to but I want the house. Luckily Im in that position, although I dont call it luck I think its to do with living a life with money I have & only buying what is required, not want I would like.

Source?

An anecdotal one from a friend in the business:
An leading edge UK independant automotive engineering firm, designs a component for high end cars, which is technically far superior to the current component, revolutionary even. The current component is manufactured outside the UK by a foreign firm.
The new component wows the likes of Bentley, JLR, Aston Martin, who all place orders, completely filling the order books at a handsome profit. The firm goes to the bank, as they need investment to manufacture in the required volumes. Bank says no. Engineering firm informs clients, clients cancel orders, firm goes bust.

I'd take the £250k.

Rents are due to collapse as they were always based upon what housing benefit would pay out. Interestingly the price of houses in the sub £250k market was also based upon what the taxpayer would pay via housing benefit.

Now housing benefit is being cut, rents in the private sector will have to drop, and that means the price of houses in that market will also drop.

So take the £250k as you won't get that once the cuts kick in.

I'd take the £250k.

Rents are due to collapse as they were always based upon what housing benefit would pay out. Interestingly the price of houses in the sub £250k market was also based upon what the taxpayer would pay via housing benefit.

Now housing benefit is being cut, rents in the private sector will have to drop, and that means the price of houses in that market will also drop.

So take the £250k as you won't get that once the cuts kick in.

Thats interesting, because i've just relet the appt. for £800pm which is £50pm more than i've been getting the last two years, obviously the new tennant has not heard about the pending market crash, as i said £250 will not give me enough to carry on with my next project so it will just have to sit there earning me a bit every month, meanwhile i am not refurbishing my next project so am not buying any building materials which does not help the economy very much.

Also believe me when i tell you "the house prices are not going to crash" the pound will devalue, everyone will go on strike for more pay to close the imbalance between the rich and the poor which is now greater than in Elizabeathen times, or was it Victorian times??

So a packet of fags will cost £50 a liter of fuel will cost £20 and the cheapest property on the market will be £250, you have bought your house at the right time, in 5yrs time you'll be laughing.

Sponsored Links
Back