UK debt hits 1 trillion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That, in figures is:

1,000,000,000,000 quid. (I think that's right) It's one thousand billion quid.

We already owe a thousand billion and still it rises by about 13 billion per month - that's like holding the Olympics every month of every year. Can it go on? Well borrowing is down a fraction - but what's 2 billion compared to a trillion? Not a lot.

It's pretty much certain that the UK is slipping back into recession - and you don't pay back your debts during a recession. We could have paid it back during the boom years - but Tony and Gordie were throwing an election party to get voted back in so it never happened.

When our triple A rating slides - as it must - then we have no chance whatsoever of paying it back.

If you disagree - let's hear it.

Sponsored Links
2 Billion less is 2 billion in the right direction...

Always look on the bright side of debt........

But it's not 2 billion off the debt - we never pay any of that off. It's still rising at 13 billion a month.

It's only money. In fact, it's not, it's only a figure on a database somewhere, it's not even real money.

Sponsored Links
So let's stop borrowing and paying pensions and benefits. Sorted.

It seems we are officially farked, so in that case I'm spending the remaining money I have (or can make until we implode) on beer and golf...
In that order, should make for an interesting round :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But Blas said it isn't real money so why pay a real pension?

One caveman said to the other caveman, "I've solved all our problems,,, I've invented money." ;) ;) ;)

Google wrote

A strange religion has come to dominate British life in the post-war era. It teaches that the values of our forebears are outmoded and their achievements of no great significance.
It preaches that wealth is no longer created through man's ingenuity and endeavour, but something bestowed upon the grateful congregation by a divine elite. This religion is government, its ministers are politicians and its gospel is debt.

Politicians have convinced us that everyone has a right to comfort and happiness and that government has a moral duty to provide it. They believe that wealth and liberation come in the form of paper or electronic money and that distributing limitless amounts of this commodity is a cure for all social and economic ills.

Praise be to our eternal dear leaders. Our providers. :mrgreen:
I'm off now to give thanks at the altar of debt and pray that it continues forever. Hallellelula.

I saw this on the lunchtime news today. I immediately thought that Joe would start a topic on DIYnot.

Good lad. You didn't let me down. :LOL:

A trillion is scary. However, they say that making your first million is the difficult part. Therefore p**sing our next trillion up against the wall should be a piece of cake.

Will have to be paid back one day though.

The next generations will be living like "cavemen" to pay it back and dancing daily on any graves they can find of this generation.

I am looking forward to a serious crash, i can handle it, this is the beauty of being brough up with nothing.Then the black market becomes even better, roll on. :D

Sponsored Links
Back