Let's sort the economy.

It's a mathematical certainty that this country will go bust - which is why we'll never leave Europe.

Sponsored Links
but we have no room for manoevre this time. If we raise interest rates in order to promote growth, the housing market will suffer, if they were to be raised to around 9% (a reasonably historical average) then it will be a biblical collapse, who knows how much would be wiped off, 50,60,70,80 %

If other countries raise the rate at which we borrow currently around 2%, but historically around 7-8% then its game over, we would default immediately.

Bl00dy keyboard!!

If we raise interest rates in order to promote growth

I thought lowering interest rates promoted growth?

This country will never see growth again. Fuel is just too expensive.
I seen a guy pull his wallet out the other day after filling his flash audi and he handed over £110 quid for a fill up.
Should probably last him a few days. :LOL:

Far too much tinkering around the edges, unless we start doing stuff that the rest of the world wishes to buy, we are dead meat. All trades, call centres, NHS all laudable in their own way, but don't bring in any capital.

Sponsored Links
We've still got JCB. :idea:

Probably only because its privately owned and free from government meddling though and not sold off for a quick profit to entice voters.

If we really are doomed, then we might as well just get on with it and enjoy. Sell your assets to some gullible schmuck and party until you drop. The only curveball that us parents have involves timing it just right so they have a hoot of a time too and persuade them not to get bogged down with kiddies.

What assets do people have?
Most of them only have debt and no savings. How many can actually go out and buy a vehicle without incurring debt?

New labour initiated the party and now its over. To bad it couldn't last forever eh?

Most of them only have debt and no savings.

New labour initiated the party and now its over. To bad it couldn't last forever eh?
Fair point about assets - I'm lucky as I've inherited a house in London and am mortgage free in my own house up here.

Most of them only have debt and no savings.

Fair point about assets - I'm lucky as I've inherited a house in London and am mortgage free in my own house up here.

I'm the same but the asset won't be worth Jack **** if the rest of the economy goes belly up.

hmm, yeah it may not be an asset, but a liability. as i say very uncharted territory.

Sponsored Links
Back