Is there any Asbestos in these slates? pictures

No but burn test is perfectly OK, you are just being pedantic, we can debate on it and how would you know if a manufacturer of fire blanket claims his fire blanket is Fire resistant and is intended to cover oil pan fires, doesn't that subjects a fire blanket made out of woven asbestos vulnerable to your paranoia concern.

What happens if a shed or a building structure with asbestos roof catches fire? Do we all leave this planet and head for Mars! Lets all go to Mars now that i have released some harmful asbestos fibers.

any way its not asbestos so worry not, you won't need visa for Mars.

Sponsored Links
The whole idea of a test - a safety test, is to check if the material contains any hazardous substance so that you can then deal with it appropriately and safely.

Any such test of any such material should be done safely so as not to release any potential hazardous material that you are testing for.

You are confusing pendantry with common sense.

I am not worried about you, as I am a firm believer in Darwinism. But as its a public forum, its always best to highlight these things.

What made you think I was worried about you either? have I ever used such like language in reply to your posts? But you chose to attack me indirectly by attacking my test method, you could easily have said like "You should avoid burning asbestos as small fibers can be released into the air which can be harmful" This is pure diplomacy and mannerism that you lack.

Instead you said " what a stupid thing to do, in other words you launched an attack on me and never mind my lack of not lack of ability! And worst of all you did not even suggest alternative method to test for asbestos.

But your use of manners is non-existent, I am a firm believer in God Only and I fear no one but only Him, He is the Supreme being of all creation, He is the Universal Force of Energy capable of creating everything the way he wanted, which unfortunately would be beyond your comprehension because you only believe in Darwinism.

So let us take this test for a moment, I burnt a very small sharp corner of a tile, over my kitchen cooker with extractor fan on, so i am sure if there were any mythical small fibers that did leave the tile unburnt and floated upwards, they would now be stuck to my extractor fan's grease filter, still there is a time to rescue those fibers if they did make it to the filter and dispose them off safely for your peace of mind!

Last edited:
This is pure diplomacy and mannerism that you lack

This is not the Foreign Office forum.

Sometimes when people are a bit stupid, you have to be more direct. They will benefit though in the long run - even if they dont know it. Amen

Sponsored Links
This is not the Foreign Office forum.

upload_2017-4-5_14-3-34.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back