Is there anything wrong with this greenhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently bought a house with a greenhouse. I'm tempted to use it, but I'm a bit concerned that it may possibly have had diseased plants in it.

I've attached some pictures. Does anything look diseased, or are there any other obvious problems?

If everything looks OK, can I just chuck out the existing stuff and start using the greenhouse, or is there preparation that I should do?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
In the old days I used to sterilise by spraying a solution of armillotox, now banned as its cresylic acid. Smells like a public loo!

I guess there must be a midern sterilising solution, maybe a smoke sulphur bomb.

I wouldnt plant in the existing soil, may have been used for donkeys with tomato plants

Just dead tomato plants I recon. They only last the season.

Nozzle

Thanks. I think you're right that there were tomatoes. I had a bad experience a few years back, where all my plants were killed by blight (haven't grown any since). Just wondered if the dead plants showed any signs of that, or something else.

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt say so, prob just dried out.

Definitely sterilise to minimise blight and or bugs harbouring

Various solutions of Jeyes Fluid can sterilize just about anything in the garden;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back