Is there something dodgy about this copper tube?

Sponsored Links
Had stuff from Plumbnation with no problems, and it looks like they are part of the same crowd.

Always delivered by PlumbCenter, which is quite annoying as they can't match the price if I go in the shop.

Plumbnation will be on a national account as opposed to a branch account.

Branch accounts can never match the terms set up on a national account. Can vary by up to 10% in some cases.

Plumbnation will be on a national account as opposed to a branch account.

Branch accounts can never match the terms set up on a national account. Can vary by up to 10% in some cases.

Crazy ain't it, they would sooner deliver an item free of charge, than match the price and me collect it.

Sponsored Links
I needed a Worcester control.

My account holding PC branch quoted me the list price of £152.

Telephoning nearby branch and without giving any identity was quoted £132.

Ordered from an online supplier and it was £102.

But it was delivered personally by car by the PC guy from a PC which is about six miles away.

Can anyone explain the logic in that?

And why the wide divergence of prices?

The price of spares is a big rip-off as well you know, and I don't think it's all down to the manufacturers. :rolleyes:

This was not exactly a boiler spare but an ( excellent ) Worcellent weather comp controller.

The £152 was quoted to me by the head of spare parts at the PC branch.

As a mere counter hand he was good but since he became promoted he has become unfriendly and unhelpful with pricing. I even questioned the price but just got his usual shaking head!

He did move for a few weeks to City Plumbing but apparently could not stand working in a friendly environment where they say "Hello Tony" when I walk in. You dont even get a "hello" at most PC branches!

He does not seem any more helpful to anyone in the ( often long ) queue ahead of me.

I cannot even remember hearing him call anyone by their name!

One fellow was heard telling his office that in the time he was waiting there he could have fixed another two boilers!

Agreed, but if htg engineers got them self organised, they could order stuff for delivery, unless it's a real emergency,

Ever hour you waste is like chucking £84 quid away unless you add it on the bill.

then got an email the next day saying the items had been made obsolete and would I like to either "choose alternative products from our website, or call us and a member of our sales team will be able to help you."

It was then I realised there is no phone number on the site and the return addresss in the email doesn't exist (my reply got bounced).

Then I came across this:
http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/plumbplanet.co.uk

Its my fault and thankfully I paid using a cc but nevertheless I'm not happy. :evil:

Flutterbye you saying you have been scammed by this site?
Has anyone else used it?

Yes, I think you could say that. I'm currently taking it up with my credit card provider to get a refund.

I quoted to fit a uv cylinder last year, customer had been all over Internet and had found plumb nation and cylinder was cheap cheap cheap. Phoned my pc branch and they couldn't get anywhere near it. Anyway cust bought it from plumb nation. 2 days later I'm stood in his house waiting for delivery, running late so I phone up plumbs and get em to get a wriggle on. They're mental 25 mile delivery or just let me have it at same price!!!!

Plumb nation is some sweaty Internet perv making ****loads from his bedroom middle ingurland',,,,,,,,,,,, probably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back