Is there such a thing as a clip-on architrave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some architrave on my door frame but there is a piece of furniture that will periodically need to be removed - and there's no room to remove it when the architrave is on. so I'm wondering whether there is such a thing a removable architrave that be snapped on and off the doorframe easily.

Sponsored Links
You could fix it on with double sided tape, bit weird but C'est la vie...pinenot :)

You could screw it in place rather than nail it and put covers on the heads

Sponsored Links
make or buy some small spring clips ,Screw them to the reverse side of the Architrave , Make a corresponding hole in the frame to accept the clips (needs to be a snug fit)

[/img]

30mm dowels dry fit into the back off the architrave
tape the back off the architrave around the dowels
no nails into the holes on the wall

Architrave should not obstruct door width in any way , so how is removing it going to help?

I would imagine that the furniture is fitted in a recess by a door way and the architrave is stopping it from coming out..

When buying it, I very carefully measured the width of the recess but didn't think to measure whether it would actually be able to get into the recess or not! :rolleyes:

Would removing the skirting on opposite side from architrave allow furniture in/out? easier to make skirting removable and far less visible.

No, sadly not. The other side is a wardrobe which has no skirting...

You could screw it in place rather than nail it and put covers on the heads

Or depending on how it will look use solid brass screw cups and brass c/s screws. If it has to come out more than very occasionally you could do the same on the face side, but use those screw in, machine threaded inserts behind, and brass c/s head machine screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back