Is there such a thing as a key radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - I know that you can get a radiator key but can you get a key radiator? The main (key??) rad in my system is in the livingroom and has no controller so I can't turn it up/down/off. It's heat setting is determined by the overall heat as set on the wall programmable controller.
All the other rads in the house have controls that allow me to set the final heat ( I, II, III, *, O) - so is the living room rad the 'key' rad.

I know that at least one radiator MUST be on if the CH is on but must it be my livingroom one? How easy (and expensive) is it to change this rad and one of the others so that this 'key radiator' role is switched?

I just know I am not using the proper terms here guys, please forgive me

Antony

Sponsored Links
the radiator with no TRV must be in the same room as the wall thermostst. this is so that the wall stat will get warm and will turn off the boiler once it is up to temperature.

It should be set so that it warms up slower than all the other rooms, otherwise the boiler would go off before the rest of the house was warm.

Thanks for that John D, very informative and of course makes complete sense :oops:

The missus may just move her ' throne ' away from the non-TRV'd rad :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back