Trickling noize in radiator ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im new to the forum need help , since fitting 2 new radiators in my livingroom, i can hear the noize of water trickling ,dripping into 2 of the radiators upstairs ? its driving me mad :( its the 2 rads that are closest to the boiler , all the rads fill from the top , i went round the whole system with a bleed key but still no joy, the system is a type 4 combination hot water storage unit and below that is a Ideal Classic NF Fanned Flue Gas Boiler, advice would be great as im stuck

Sponsored Links
I get it too on one of my rads. :(

It seems to be only on the one with a trv on it so that may be your problem,

Have a play with the valves if it is annoying you.

You may need to balance your system though worst case scenario.

I fitted top TRV Vogel planset rads in my house, they have Danfoss type TRV bodies.

They use a european central manifold under the rads and look great. The TRVs are linked internally using a inbuilt small bore pipe.

But boy are they noisy! I have fitted a Grundfos 15-50 and its on speed 1 but they still make water noise.

Thinking about scrapping all 26 of them, great disappointment. I've taken the valve body out, it incorporates a tube and deflector, no idea where to find an alternative. When I get 5 mins I'm going to ring Vogel and moan :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
they dont have tvrs fitted all the rads downstairs do but the upstairs dont they just have an on off valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back