Radiators not heating up. - New System

Sponsored Links
Size of boiler?, length of pipe run?, how many stories? where is boiler situated? :?: Advice please..

Size of boiler... 31kw... its a Vaillant ectTec Plus 831...

Length of pipe run unknown....

Just added a loft conversion... so 2 storey high...

Boiler situated at the ground floor... back extension....

Sponsored Links
really appreciate all your advice and I'm trying everything you guys a suggesting.

Please keep solutions coming and hopefully we can nail this...

It may help to set the boiler closer to the heat output required for the CH.

How many rads do you have? Or do you know the heat loss?

How did you get into this situation where you are not able to call the installer back?

Tony

It may help to set the boiler closer to the heat output required for the CH.

How many rads do you have? Or do you know the heat loss?

How did you get into this situation where you are not able to call the installer back?

Tony

I have 8 new rads... not sure about heat loss?

Basically got in this situation when builders took on a project of a extension with new boiler and rads... they done the boiler and rads... the extension half done and they left the job... A law suit is in place and going ahead at the moment..

Just want to try few things as it may be something simple before calling engineers out,,

Maybe there has been a mix up with the pipe work and radiators are connected flow to flow and return to return?

Would love to know the outcome. As a side question was the system plumbed in plastic?

Ahh just wondered because it's easier to mix up the pipe work in plastic than copper

You don't need a gas safe installer for the water side of the heating, could you post some pics of the system?

How many rads in total? was system working before adding rads?. Boiler can`t cope with extra distance to new rads. How big is the frikkin house?it`s a combi fer chrissakes , designed for small houses and flats! It`s a glorified water heater, I hate them with passion. I have a back boiler,cylinder,power shower,happy days!! Baxi Bermuda fire front,old fashioned,but me kids love it on cold winter morns when they huddle around, Top gas fire :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes boiler turning off and on allot, assume its heating water then stopping and pushing water out.
It doesn't work like that. The water is circulated through the rads all the time the boiler is running; it's heated "on the move".

The fact that the boiler is frequently turning on and off means that it is producing more heat than the rads can use. So the water arriving back at the boiler is hotter than it should be. The boiler temperature then rises quickly above the set temperature. The boiler is turned by the internal stat and a few minutes pass while the water continues to circulate and cool down.

The boiler output needs to be reduced.

Do you know how many kW each rad produces? If not use the data on page 44 of Stelrad Catalogue. Then set parameter d.0 to 2kW more than the total. (This does not affect the HW side, only the CH.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back