2 new radiators won't heat up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced 6 radiators and now 2 downstairs ones won't heat up, would previously. (3 of the new 6 rads are now doubles instead of singles and all now have TRV's fitted). The 2 pipes feeding these problem rads drops from the ceiling and splits to feed both rads. The rads are at the far end of the house from the boiler and so probably the last on the system. I have shut off all other rads and then these 2 heat up so no airlock. If I close some of the other rads the pipe starts to heat up at the top, but is cold near the floor.
I have noticed that all of the other rads heat up when the HW is selcted on the programmer as well as the cylinder heating up and vice versa, the cylinder and rads heat up when CH is selected.
I guess this means the three port valve is stuck? and would this mean that some of the pumps power is being lost pumping water through the hot water cylinder, where the water wants to go as I guess there is less resistance. Would this then be the likely reason for the rads at the end of the system not heating, as because I've slightly increased the system capacity installing double rads the fault with the three port valve has now become a problem?
Many thanks. Don

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back