Help! What is this piece of radiator called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a minor leak in a radiator and I'd like to tighten/replace the leaking part but I don't know what it's called!

Pic: https://imgur.com/gallery/6sngypM

It's a bullet-shaped silver thing between thermostat control and rad, with a standard radiator key valve at the top. Probably ten years old or so?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20210106_122751183.jpg
    PXL_20210106_122751183.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 155
Sponsored Links
Tightened it as much as I can (I'm not exactly Arnie) and no luck.

Can an amateur replace this thing if I drain the radiator? Or at least jam some PTFE tape in? Or would that be ambitious?

Sponsored Links
Turn both radiator valves fully off ,and unscrew out completely the bit that you have been trying to tighten.
A little bit of water will come out ,as soon as you loosen it,but should stop quickly. If it doesn't stop ,don't remove it fully ,but drain the rad first.
If you get it out ,show us a pic.
They usually have small O ring seals that need to be replaced ,or some just have a pointed / tapered end.
Or you could , of course ,just replace the whole thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back