Is this a 3 phase compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just built a garage and someone has offered me a compressor for free. I've got a feeling its 3 phase but im not 100% sure. It also has 4 wires coming from it; blue, brown, black and green/yellow. Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Is it solely 3 phase or can it be run 1 phase as the voltage states 220-240v which I was under the impression was single phase, and the 380-415v would be 3 phase?

Thanks

Nope. It's a 3P motor. That's to do with how motors can be wired

Have a read here

The important bit on the plate is the bit that says PH 3. There's no bit that say PH 1

Sponsored Links
Ok, that's a shame, thank you for the quick replys.

If it was expensive enough, there are ways around it, depends how useful it would be.

Or get a single phase one with a bigger tank....

It could be run on single phase through an inverter, but it might be cheaper just to get a single phase compressor.

Hi, just looked into my options and ive bought a single phase compressor. Its only for light garage use anyway, and it was going free so thought i would give it a try. Thanks for all the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back