Is this a big no no ?

mkb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The walls in the house are a mile out....in fact the whole house slopes. I am about to paper a bedroom wall and because of the pattern and the sloping walls it will look skew wiff when hung...am sure it will. Instead of using a plumb and spirit level could I actually put the paper up crooked so that when it's done it doesn't look cock-eyed ? I know the easy solution would be not to use this particular paper but have any of you pros come across this prob and how have you dealt with it? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The walls in the house are a mile out....in fact the whole house slopes. I am about to paper a bedroom wall and because of the pattern and the sloping walls it will look skew wiff when hung...am sure it will. Instead of using a plumb and spirit level could I actually put the paper up crooked so that when it's done it doesn't look cock-eyed ? I know the easy solution would be not to use this particular paper but have any of you pros come across this prob and how have you dealt with it? Cheers.

Yes yes,,that really is a big no no!

It will look even worse at the internal and external corners.

plus it will give you a right headache when it comes to putting smaller bits in and the end of a run becasue the will be weird shapes.

If your a religous man pop into a church and ask god how his son would do it...because a solution other than changing the paper really is in the miracles dept. :)

Id go for a paper with a small very busy irregular pattern on it...avoid large symetrical patterns

I know the DIY way is "squint and it will be ok" but please always hang the paper plumb. Once it's up you won't notice that the walls are wrong. Leaning patterns WILL annoy the heck out of you. ;)

Katie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back