Is this a DIYnot virus?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 different puters here. 2 of them come up with a virus when I open new pages ie. clicking on a link for a topic in the forum.
Antivir is the software thats finding it.
It says something like html.crypted.gen
File is always in temp internet files and ends ... \eas or \eas(1) \eas(2) etc
Is it just me or has anyone else got it had it etc.?

Sponsored Links
I'm on these forums every night and haven't had a problem, you sure its not that p o r n site you visit every night ;) :p

What pages is this occurring on? Do you get this message very frequently?

It's strange because I'm using Antivir and I have never received a similar message.

I believe it's a false positive, i.e. nothing malicious but it is triggering the virus scanner.

Here is a similar example of what is probably happening.

I'd be interested to hear what pages it occurs on, also if you could note what adverts are showing on the page when it occurs on and let me know.

Thank you :D

I.m using the same Avira and geting the same thing. Its infuriating having to keep clicking it off.

Can this thing be disabled or I'm going back to AVG. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What pages is this occurring on? Do you get this message very frequently?

I'd be interested to hear what pages it occurs on, also if you could note what adverts are showing on the page when it occurs on and let me know.

Thank you :D
It happens as I move around the pages in this and my alter ego identity.;)
If its any help I mainly use firefox and although it could happen on IE I cant say I've noticed it on the few occasions I have used it.
Unfortunately I cant tell you what ads are on as I use a script blocker to stop them.
I do think you are on the right trail there though as that would perfectly explain the randomness of each occurence. It was also a thought that had crossed my mind.

Back