Is this a good job

Sponsored Links
If you mean the TV antenna mast? I would suggest it doesn't have enough support for the length of the mast. In high winds, there will be a tremendous amount of leverage on that lone bracket, its fixings and the wall. It needs a second bracket to brace it, fixed as high as possible.

If you mean the TV antenna mast? I would suggest it doesn't have enough support for the length of the mast. In high winds, there will be a tremendous amount of leverage on that lone bracket, its fixings and the wall. It needs a second bracket to brace it, fixed as high as possible.
Hi, i just mean installation in general from the picture The mast,cabling and the splitter. I am no expert but shouldn't that splitter be in an enclosure?

Hi, i just mean installation in general from the picture The mast,cabling and the splitter. I am no expert but shouldn't that splitter be in an enclosure?

I know some splitter /amps are designed for external mounting, but I would not fit one outside in the weather. I also would not want those cables snaking down the outside of the house, but that's me. Houses with cables flapping about the outside look horrible. It was one of the first jobs I did here, put all cables inside.

Sponsored Links

It really depends on how much you were willing to spend, and whether the implications of the various hardware choices were discussed with you to help you make an informed decision.

Anyone can sit on the sidelines and pick holes in another's work; but without knowing the backstory then it's hardly an objective assessment. On the one hand you might have spent £200 for TV distributed to three TVs, in which case I would say there's room for improvement. On the other hand maybe you screwed him down to the last penny, in which case I would say that for £90-£100, it's a great job.

one of the first jobs I did... put all cables inside.

I did that during the first week we moved into our place. Removed a Virgin Media box stuck on the front of the house, removed redundant telephone cable which went up the side of the front bay, then along the front, round the side then to the back. I also moved the coax cable from the roof which was just chucked across and then down the front to a better position between us and next door.

Since then I've never been able to stop noticing the amount of cable tacked to the fronts of houses!

The splitter does not need to be in an enclosure, but the connections should be protected with self amalgamating tape.

I'm not sure the best materials have been used and I would have used another bracket myself but whoever put it up looks like they take some pride in their work.

Thanks all, Sounds like whoever installed it has done a fairly good job. I will remove the picture now for privacy reasons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back