Is this a good price for a kitchen - and do you join laminate worktops?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been quoted a kitchen from a local trade provider. (gave my builders details)
Price include VAT:

Parma white 300 highline base unit soft close 100.94
Parma white 1000 highline base unit soft close 208.38
2 Parma white 600 highline base unit soft close 291.70
Parma white 300 3 pan drawer baselne soft close 261.23
2 Blocked Oak Laminate Worktop 3000mm 156.00
Aegean 1.5 Bowl Stainless Steel Inset Sink 100.98
Chantilly Monobloc Sink mixer Chrome 90.00
Handles 39.60
500mm Parma White wall unit soft close 118.66
1000mm Parma White wall unit soft close 198.38

Total is £1,565.87

They only do 3000 worktops, so will go elsewhere - they did say that can be joined and you would not notice, but I am sure I will regret that, especially as I only need about 3300 so can get a 3600 from elsewhere. But curious to know what most people do in these situations.

I looked at DIYKitchens, and a 600 unit with door is £105.31, so £145 may not be unreasonable?

Sponsored Links
I assume that includes the fronts of your choice?

In which case, I would say it sounds reasonable, assuming they are of reasonable quality.

Do they come flat-pack or pre-assembled?

Pretty sure assembled, and yes, includes doors, handles etc.

I could save on the sink and tap, but think I'll stick with the better quality.

You're onto a winner then I'd say, 2 evenings of assembly work you don't need to do!

I wish i could get a kitchen that cheap!

Sponsored Links
Get another couple of quotes now you know what you need.
It'll only take you a couple of hours to put together as there's only 6 units.

I quite enjoyed building our kitchen units, apart from the pull out full height larder unit as I had to modify the mechanism to get it working correctly!.

Good price all in - Duropal do excellent worktops and most are available in up to 4 metres.

Blup

If you are worried about price, consider getting the sink and the tap elsewhere. Also the worktop seems a bit pricey.

Yeah, I thought about that, but decided to stick with the sink and tap - I know they are better quality than I had in the last house!
Not getting that worktop anyway as they don't do more than 3m. Hoping to get something cheaper - that price was for 2 though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back