Is this a good price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, got a quote from a decorator to

paint new plaster on walls and ceiling in dining room, hall, stairway, landing, 3 bedrooms and then magnolia matt emulsion
paint skirting in all white gloss
paint doorframes for all plus 2 others white gloss
do all sanding, filling etc... in all areas

£840, includes paint i.e. not dulux but crown or such like. Will only do white, soft cream or mags for that price. Extra for dulux.

3.5 - 4 days, 2 people

What is soft cream??? In between cream and mags! he says looks better than mags allover.

Is this any good??? or is it a rip off, I usually do decorating myself, but so much to do from scratch need help!!!

Cheers, any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
if anything it sounds cheap, im a plasterer but im sure P&D dont work for that, i would snatch there hands off but wouldnt part with a penny and keep an eye one the work :LOL:

It is a bit cheap though that does not mean that u will get an poor job. Just make sure they thin down first coat of emulsion, as per recomendations on the tin/tub............

Sponsored Links
If its a partnership then the two people will be looking at earning at least a ton a day each...if they have people working for them then they may be paying them 60/70 quid a day and the rest is profit..

So its tricky to nail a figure down

Down here 4 days for people splitting it down the middle would be about 8/900 quid..plus mats

So it might be cheap.

to be honest I would say that is a resonable price depending on amount of prep involved.

As has been stated before in this thread, we do like to come out with at least 100 a day (I aim for about 120) and a bit less is paid to employees so it sounds a good price to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back