Is this a lead water supply pipe?

finally someone gave me a quote. 60 metres total length. the digging area is a gravel path and soil. and then in to the kitchen and up through a concrete floor

£4000 :confused:o_Oo_Oo_O:confused::cautious::sick:

Sponsored Links
Hire a mini digger and dig it yourself.
i've never done anything like that before.. I own the gravel path however other people also have access to it and other services run underneath. Am nervous about hitting something... would much prefer to get a pro to do it - wasnt expecting this kind of price though

Hire a digger with a driver. The rest is not difficult. Anglian will make the connection free, you just need to lay the pipe, fill in the trench and stick a stoptap on your end.

Sponsored Links
That quote is For a trench. The moling company are apparently really busy and don't even have time to give me a quote!

Last edited:
Hire a digger with a driver. The rest is not difficult. Anglian will make the connection free, you just need to lay the pipe, fill in the trench and stick a stoptap on your end.
Good idea . Will try that route.

Last edited:
this hiring a digger with a driver route sounds like it might be a goer. The guy picked up the phone and is available in a couple of weeks

Just so I know what I'm doing, can you advise on the materials I'll need? So far I've listed the following
  1. 32mm MDPE (minimum 60 metres length)
  2. 32mm mdpe pipe clips
  3. 32mm mdpe pipe inserts
  4. 32mm mdpe stop end (for exposed end of mdpe for water board connection)
  5. 32mm to 15mm stop cock
  6. 110mm soil bend (to go through foundations of house)
  7. 110mm soil pipe
  8. Pipe insulation (for 32mm MDPE)
  9. Sharp sand for covering the pipe in the trench
After I've covered the pipe with sharp sand in the trench, do I just use the soil that was dug out to fill it back up again?

Also, How do I dispose of left over soil? presumably will need a skip?

in case anyone's interested.. heres the 'how to lay your pipework' document from anglian water

Attachments

• HowToLayYourPipework.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 102

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back