Is this a serious rendering fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I commit to any work on it's exterior, I'd really appreciate the opinions of experts in rendering.

Is it likely that the whole fascia will need re-rendering? Should I ask a local builder for an opinion? Or other: please?

Very many thanks

Sponsored Links
You will have to make yourself a bit more specific what you have wrote doesn't really tell us anything .Re word it and put some pictures up if you can "Fascia" is the boards that the gutter goes on to. ;) Sorry you have already put a picture up and by the look of it I would say hack the lot off and get it redone you may aswell get rid of them "things" above each window and get them squared up. Just my opinion on them,,,

I agree with the lads,, start again. I would also have a look at the pipe coming out of the wall between the two lower windows. It's causing a rusty mark/stain on the old render and will do the same on any new wall finish.

Sponsored Links
The reason I say hack it all off and have it redone is because looking at your picture there seems to be a lot of cracks all over and I would think that some of the areas where the cracks are would be quite "boxy" (hollow) behind the render. If this is the case then when the colder weather, the damp and rain get behind the cracks in the render and the frost freezes it ,it will expand and could "blow" the render off the scratch coat and sometimes off the wall. If you have it put back I would do away with the fancy pieces around the windows ,the reason being is, that whoever renders it will have to reform them and that would hike the price right up for all the "fiddling" about to do it. But you may like them and want it back as before, so I would get 3 reputable rendering plasterers who's work you could go and see and ask them all for a price to re render with and without the "fancy" bits..And as roughcaster said check out that out let pipe it may need extending if it is an overflow pipe..When you look at the wall area you have a lot of it is broken up by the size of the windows so this should help to keep the price down a bit, ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back