Is this acceptable?

we have removed the paper now

When using patterned paper like the above its best used as a feature wall.

If you have a vertical pattern like this, it's ok,

https://www.litfad.com/plain-white-...-TbTyaaddrDYZI7yTI0fIu3Dg_L2NsmQaAgCaEALw_wcB

Or a pattern like this, it won't be too noticeable

https://www.homebase.co.uk/superfre...snDrnTMy0kmA7mPlSiQaArz8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Geometric patterns or "busy" patterns (with trees and such like) it will always be noticeable.

I have in the past spent a substantial amount of time measuring the cut in the corner against the next sheet, and have successfully matched the pattern, it can be done, but my god it wastes a lot of paper in bodged cuts (took me 2x attempts previously) and it takes an extremely long time, I spent half a day trying to hang one sheet.

Really the decorator should have advised of the pitfalls before carrying out the work

Sponsored Links
I'm not good at wallpapering, but I would've gone around the corner and then continue with a fresh roll so to avoid that mismatch.

Reminds me of one customer I had wanting a stair well repapered in an old House . I said do NOT get a striped wallpaper , when I got there they had a Striped wallpaper . I hung it vertically as requested using Spirit Level and Plumb Bob . the Stripes were perfectly vertical but the walls bowed out by several inches from the top to the bottom so losing several stripes on both sides of the Centre wall .
One of those occasions where the customer is supposed to be always right .

Sponsored Links
The only positive thing about that mess is "a blind man would be pleased to see it"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back