Is this another watse of money?

Oi, You and your SNP empire destroyers! You've been nothing but a drain on this country for donkey's years

Sponsored Links
Just give it a little push, it will fall over lol

It's a clock, it will need some scaffolding.
I have no idea where they get to a sum of 40 million to repair\rebuild it.

The worlds gone mad when something like this costs that much.

Sponsored Links
Just give it a little push, it will fall over lol

It's a clock, it will need some scaffolding.
I have no idea where they get to a sum of 40 million to repair\rebuild it.

The worlds gone mad when something like this costs that much.

Go and have a look at it. Very ornate stone work. Not just pre-fab concrete sections.

Reminds me of an old joke (truism?)......

A wall in Downing Street needs repairs.
Contractors are invited to quote the job.

First, a guy from Liverpool puts his price in - £1000 - and is asked by the civil servant to break the figure down.
"£400 in materials, £400 for the men, and a couple of hundred in profit for the firm."

Next, a bloke from Oxford is invited to quote. £1200.
"£500 in materials, £500 for the men, and a couple of hundred in profit for the firm."

Finally, a bloke from a London firm is asked to price the work. "£5000."

The civil servant is incredulous. "£5000? Can you explain how your figure is so out of line with the other amounts?"

"Well; it's £2000 for me; £2000 for you; and I sub the work to the scouser."

A far better idea,,, Demolish Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament altogether. (preferably whilst the house is sitting) :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
If the populace vote to stay in the EU (assuming the much vaunted referendum ever actually appears), we shall not need a houses of parliament anyway.
In a way, that could save us a lot of money.
Yes, I think I might do a U-turn!

£40 million? That's less than we send to the EU every day... So on the first day after we leave then we can tart up Big Ben and his tower and still have a few quid left for a right good binge at Mrs Miggins pie shop

I just paid 92p for an iced bun so relatively, 40M is not too bad. :D

Sponsored Links
Back