Is this bad plastering look at my pics

Sponsored Links
do you think they used a tyrolean machine to put the plaster on it would have been a smoother finish

thats awful.

Either woodchip, sand or skim again. Its always ropey skimming ceilings as the more layers of plaster you put on the more its likely to sag at the joints.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your comments. That was just the ceiling you should see the rest of the kitchen! we are refusing to pay him.

lorrainemoffatt said:
Thanks for all your comments. That was just the ceiling you should see the rest of the kitchen! we are refusing to pay him.

Good; stick to your guns no matter how stroppy he gets.

I saw this chap get out of a plastering van yesterday. Could it be the same chap?

300px-Caoguia2006.jpg

I've just had my whole kitchen and utility room walls and ceilings plastered for £400, have made a very good job on first inspection too (literally finished a couple of hours ago).

I was having my walls re-skimmed because they were bad to start off with, but yours are even worse!

I recently had a new kitchen fitted and where the electricians had made holes in the ceiling we asked for the ceiling to be re skimmed, the builder told us this was not necessary and they could just do the patches where the holes were, so his plasterer did. I don't think the plastering was done very well!!! does anyone agree or is this normal??

They charged us £285 to patch up 4 holes and a foot wide strip running through the middle of the room's ceiling, is this reasonable or not??

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5920993[/QUOTE]

Christ!

I did a weekend intensive course and so far have done four 'proper' jobs for friends kind (and trusting!) enough to ask me to do it and I can hand on heart say that the plastering there is diabolical! Even my baby step first go did not produce results like that!

I plastered (including ceiling) a large bedroom for...Wait for it...£40! And I did a near flawless job of it (And also had a baptism of fire with an artexed ceiling!).

Heres me fretting about how much I should charge people and these jokers hav got away with that!?!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back