Is this Combi boiler man enough for the job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,, Advice please.. I live in a Hard Water area and my house is a fully d/g and insulated 1970's 3 bed semi with one bathroom and seven radiators.My current CH and DHW system is 13 years old.I have been fortunate enough to qualify for a WarmFront grant to replace my conventional system boiler with a Combi condensing boiler.They are going to fit a Vaillant Duotec Plus 824 which I understand is a very good boiler but I just wondered if the concensus of opinion on here felt that it was powerful enough for the job?.. ie. Should I press them to fit the next size up?.. the 831 I think..... regards

Sponsored Links
You have not told us how many people live there!

Read all about Warmfront on this forum and follow some of the links to complaints about their work!

Tony

You have not told us how many people live there!

Read all about Warmfront on this forum and follow some of the links to complaints about their work!

Tony
Hiya Tony,, Thanks for the quick reply, you're an insomniac too eh?.. I omitted to say there are three adults and the house is probably just medium sized and we live in the South of England.. regards

PS. Yes I've read some of the posts about WarmFront.Does'nt sound too encouraging does it but beggars can't be.. and all that.

do you mean a Vaillant ecotecpro 28? They don't make a duotech.
And yes they are good boilers and it should meet your needs although the 831 would give you slightly better hw flow rates.

Sponsored Links
With three adults I would be reluctant to suggest changing a conventional system to a combi unless I was convinced that they had experience of living with a combi and didn't normally take baths.

Tony

do you mean a Vaillant ecotecpro 28? They don't make a duotech.
And yes they are good boilers and it should meet your needs although the 831 would give you slightly better hw flow rates.
Yes sorry it is a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 824 .. what do you think chaps?.. regards

With three adults I would be reluctant to suggest changing a conventional system to a combi unless I was convinced that they had experience of living with a combi and didn't normally take baths.

Tony
Oh dear.... They kind of gave me the option to either have a system conventional condensing boiler or a Combi.I chose the Combi because I liked the idea of freeing up space in the airing cupboard and loft.. regards

An 824 is a very basic 24 kW power boiler. Most owners have 28 or 35 kW combis fitted.

A combi will only supply one tap at a time and will take about 15 minutes for a film star bath. Even the 37 kW will hardly supply two outlets and will still take about 10 minutes to fill the bath compared with 3-4 minutes for a cylinder.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back