Sizing a combi boiler

you can take it one more step and have more advanced controls.
for example having a room stat that tells the boiler what room temp is so it can range rate it self down, so the room stat tells the boiler

"we need the room temp to be 21c and it is only 10c so fire at full rate" then "ok it is 15c in the room range back" then
"ok it is 18c in the room range back even more" then
"ok it is 20c in the room, switch off and let the heat that is left in the rads to take it up the last 1c"

and it can also makes sure that that boiler is alway condensing to give you the most value out of every £1 of gas you use

ok...a bit over simplified but you get the point. then you could also add a out side weather sensor and then the boiler will know the outside temp, the inside temp and what the final temp you want in your house which makes the system even better

Sponsored Links
Whilst I agree with what EST states now, earlier this month it had an online wizard that stated what I put in my last post instead.

This wizard appears to have been pulled in the past couple of weeks (I wonder why) but I did print each page of the wizard to a PDF file when it was live, so I can demonstrate what it said at that time.

Sadie.

Whilst I agree with what EST states now, earlier this month it had an online wizard that stated what I put in my last post instead.

This wizard appears to have been pulled in the past couple of weeks (I wonder why) but I did print each page of the wizard to a PDF file when it was live, so I can demonstrate what it said at that time.
That would explain the discrepancy. ;) Maybe EST should just have a link to the Sedbuk Calculator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back