Is this diagram wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking into getting some wago connectors to carry with me as they seem a quick and easy product to use when changing light fittings etc and was looking through their support pages and found this

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.wagobox.com/docs/files/WA_Row_of_Downlights.pdf

Am I completely reading the diagram wrong or is there a reason why there is a switch live being shown going in and out of the connector to the lives for each downlight? Just to put my mind at rest there should only be a single switch-live cable into the connector for the lives yeah? The other end would be connected to the permanent live in the loop or am I just reading this wrong?

In my mind the permanent live circuit is omitted entirely in the diagram.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you are reading it wrong.
At no point, in the diagram, does the permanent live make an appearance.

The cables on the left and right only have SL, N and Earth. The switch itself is not shown on the diagram.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing? My original question stated the permanent live was not in the diagram.

My issue is that the switched live is showing connected to the 'live' for each light twice from left and right - just wondering if there is an obvious reason for this as I don't understand it?

The diagram would make more sense to me if the switch live/neutral + e just entered the connections from the left but didn't leave again from the right - as they would if downlights were daisy-chained from a rose or JB.

Don't understand where the cable to the right is supposed to go off to?

Sponsored Links
its a ROW of downlighters say 8 lights, there showing you can use 2 banks of 6 terminal wagos, the switchline enters left and leaves the right to the next bank of 4 more and so on

I agree with scoobasteve.

It is a poor diagram.

Even with a loop at switch system, two switched lives going to all four lights isn't a good way to operate them,

The diagram would make more sense to me if the switch live/neutral + e just entered the connections from the left but didn't leave again from the right - as they would if downlights were daisy-chained from a rose or JB.

Don't understand where the cable to the right is supposed to go off to?

It just goes to some more lights.

Glad someone agrees! I'm obviously not an electrician so was just trying to find out if I was reading the diagram completely wrong or whether it was common to show circuits like this in diagrams?

I will stop worrying about it! :)

@ Rocky - that makes perfect sense if it were a row of 8 :) Just confusing that the diagram is named row of 4 downlights, if they renamed it 'row of 4 in a bigger row of x number of downlights' I could have saved myself the concern! lol

Still going to order some though - anyone use them?

it says about connecting 4 INTO i assume an existing circuit.

Maybe there showing the versatility of say removing 1 existing downlight from a row and connecting an additional 4 from that point

They're OK for temporary connections. I'm very old fashioned and still prefer a tried and tested screwed or crimped connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back