Is this handle incompatible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5C9EEA51-4CDA-490A-87B6-1B1CB1A8D21F.jpeg
7E869B48-11C0-4C2C-BB6B-6694BA5E7EE2.jpeg
So I bought a door handle for our bifold doors, I’ve never bought one before so didn’t think much about it.

The bifolds have got multipoint locking on them so the handle needs to lift up as well as push down. But it only goes down.

Anyone know if there’s a way to convert it?? It’s a heritage brass handle

Sponsored Links
you could take off the circlip, the motion stop, and the return spring. The knob will then (probably) freely turn in both directions without limit. It will not, on its own, return to a central point, though. The knob may fall off unless it has a grubscrew or something to lock it onto the spindle. If it does, put the circlip back with just enough packing washers to let it turn.

you could take off the circlip, the motion stop, and the return spring. The knob will then (probably) freely turn in both directions without limit. It will not, on its own, return to a central point, though. The knob may fall off unless it has a grubscrew or something to lock it onto the spindle.
Yes that’s what I was worried about - it having no ‘place’ I could give that a go and see how weird it feels

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back