Is this isolated enough? Also standard filling hose length

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20231019_211057.jpg

Hi all
I'm trying to isolate my washing machine in preparation for it being removed and replaced tomorrow night. I can't get the isolator to go fully horizontal (access is pretty difficult, this photo was taken by stretching one arm into a gap). Also when I 1st went to isolate it I noticed it wasn't fully vertical so I haven't actually turned it that much.

Question is, does this look isolated enough? Also any idea why it's be so difficult to turn? Could it be trapped pressure in the line or an issue with the valve itself?

2 follow up questions if that's ok, how long is standard filling hoses? I'm wondering if I will be able to pull the washing out and then disconnect at the machine end (and then use same old hose to connect new machine to avoid removing at this connection point). Also, to remove this is it typically done by hand or would I need to get a set of gland pliers on it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back