Is this kit any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone knows if This kit is any good or has experience of hitachi?

Sponsored Links
I have not used Hitachi myself but a mate of mine who is a kitchen fitter use them all the time and rates them highly.

Wickes sell Hitachi now, so if you wanted to get up close and personal before you ordered from Screwfix you can do so:cool:

Seems like a ggod deal to me.

i switched to hitachi stuff last year. i got fed up of the dewalt stuff disintergrating on me. We use it in all weathers and it seems to stand up well. the circular saw does seem a bit light to me and ive not been that impressed with it. otherwise the rest of their kit is certainly good.

I'm really not sold on Li-Ion gear any more. After hearing horror stories about the bats and the lack of power from say a conventional NiCd. I think the technology need more time to be refined, Don't think there is much of a trade need for it just yet?

Sponsored Links
I'm really not sold on Li-Ion gear any more. After hearing horror stories about the bats and the lack of power from say a conventional NiCd. I think the technology need more time to be refined, Don't think there is much of a trade need for it just yet?

That's what's bothering me...the tools seem too good for the price compared with other 'deals' - are the batteries giving a problem?

There is a poster on this site called "hitachimad"

Now, he probably loves them, or loathes them :LOL:

So where the fekk is he when you need him?

I use hitachi tools and the majority of them have been superb, one thing I would say though is they do 2 ranges of drills with the main difference being the chuck, I have an 18v combi with metal chuck and it's fantastic but my 14v drill driver has the same chuck as the kit and to be honest it is rubbish, It's fine for screwdriving (hexagonal bit) but even a 5mm drill bit spins in it if you try drilling into timber.

On the subject of li-ion I won't be changning across to it until I absolutely have to. Other than the power issues my main problem with it is you get no warning on most tools that the battery is nearly flat. For example having a screwdriver just stop while you've got a sheet of plasterboard hanging above your head with only 2 screws in it would be a touch inconvenient to say the least :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back