Is this legit?

N

nauseous

Looking for a replacement pcb for my wb24i rsf on ebay. Some of them are quite cheap, sellers
saying part removed off a working boiler and is in good working order blah blah blah but could receive an equally faulty one in return..

Others are sold on an exchange basis but demand your faulty one up front so you have no heating and no hot water until you receive reconditioned one. Fook that.

Noticed this one but how can they be selling a brand new boxed and sealed one at that price?
Their selling feedback looks suss as well. They have or say they have 24 other ch related items for sale also btw.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Worcester...348180?hash=item3610c17654:g:P84AAOSw44BYfmmG

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I would never buy gas boiler parts off the net. Always go to a registered dealership for the correct part. Its you and your family's life you are playing with.

Many years ago I was sent to take photo's on a story about ebay and counterfeit goods. Was sent to a police warehouse which was packed with everything you could ever think of, and more besides that was fake, even things that sell for pennies. All were from ebay and this was just one warehouse of many apparently. It was a real eye opener and very interesting to look around.

The investigating coppers said that nearly everything on ebay was fake. Since then, I've always kept well away from anything electrical, to do with cars, or basically anything that I needed to rely on. It's just not worth it imo.

How the fook is everything on ebay fake? I doubt there's any point in knocking out fake obsolete pcb's anyway.

Sponsored Links
Stuff sold by most 'stores' on ebay were fake.I saw fake everything in that warehouse, bags, clothes, batteries, silly amount of electrical items, all branded. Some of them were clearly fake, others were harder to spot. Even things as utterly pointless as fake bic pens, razors, as I said, things that sold for pennies too.

Anyway, up to you, you're the adult, I was just sharing my memory at a day at work.

How the fook is everything on ebay fake? I doubt there's any point in knocking out fake obsolete pcb's anyway.
I would say there was £35 worth of points actually, esp if they sell enough of them! But yeah, you might be ok, tho they have no feedback as a seller.

Stuff sold by most 'stores' on ebay were fake.I saw fake everything in that warehouse, bags, clothes, batteries, silly amount of electrical items, all branded. Some of them were clearly fake, others were harder to spot. Even things as utterly pointless as fake bic pens, razors, as I said, things that sold for pennies too.

Anyway, up to you, you're the adult, I was just sharing my memory at a day at work.

I would say there was £35 worth of points actually, esp if they sell enough of them! But yeah, you might be ok, tho they have no feedback as a seller.
Not buying that one, no danger of that, thanks. Sometimes the only difference in copy's an fakes is the price tag. Think woman think. ;)

True, not everything sold on Ebay (and similar sites) is counterfeit but a lot is. And you have no way of knowing if it is genuine or counterfeit until you have paid your money.

Many of the counterfeit electrical items are dangerous, life threatening dangerous in some cases. But they appear to be identical to the genuine item until they are opened up an examined in detail.

I buy all my printer ink cartridges online, batteries and electrical fittings and they have never caused a problem for me. I've also bought tools as well and never had a problem.

I've never had a problem either.

As for the pcb - buy the cheap one - if it works, great - if not you can use it for the exchange.

Or buy two cheap ones - if they both work, resell the extra one for the usual price.

I've never had a problem either.

As for the pcb - buy the cheap one - if it works, great - if not you can use it for the exchange.

Or buy two cheap ones - if they both work, resell the extra one for the usual price.

So you buy the cheap one and it seems to work so you are happy. Then you go on holiday for the weekend and come home to a burnt out shell. Worse still, you go to bed and never get up again because its caused a disaster. You are putting your and your familys lives at risk not using the correct replacement parts.

We don't know they are incorrect parts.

The genuine ones obviously cost only pennies to make.

You can buy a whole computer or television for the usual cost of a pcb.

Sponsored Links
Back