Is this nosie normal for a timer/control switch

haf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just moved into a new house and it has a regular CH system with Danfoss CP15 timer unit and Halstead Best 50 boiler. The system seems to works fine but when both the CH and HW are switched on (manually or via timer) then you can hear quite loud 'clicks', every second or so and the red 'on' lights flash. The clicks sometimes go off and sometimes vary in how far apart they are but on the whole its every second. If you switch just the HW or CH then the 'on' light stays solid and no 'clicks'. I don't think this is normal but as everything works i'm tempted to assume it is. To be safe i normally switch off the HW manually afer an hour and then system works quietly for just CH. Any advice i.e have i got a dodgy timer switch and are the CP15's still available should i need to replace.
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
have found the danfoss website and looks like they have a direct replacement should i need to change the timer switch. I have also asked them if my current CP15 i soperating normally...might even get an answer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back