Is this plumbers quote reasonable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just had the quote below from a plumber - does this sound reasonable? Having told me it was a fairly simple job, the quote came in higher than I'd expected. It does include getting an electrician in to change the programnmer.

Job:

Change CH & HW system from pumped CH and Gravity fed HW to pumped CH & HW with Y valve to control flow

Replace existing pump

Replace existing programmer

Make good pipe work around HW cylinder

Power flush system

Quote:

£1050 inc VAT

Sponsored Links
I completed a job similar to this about a month ago. Included a new fast recovery cylinder though, it was about £1725.

rearrange these words to come up with a well known saying...

OFF! HIS HANDS SNAP

Sponsored Links
Jaysus but thats way cheap

Dave your not exactly expensive either are you ;)

Blimey, he must be struggling for work or something at that price...

Make sure he does a proper powerflush - this should take most of one day to do properly. Considering he's getting a sparks in to do the programmer as well I'm surprised he's actually making any money.

Very cheap - for that work I would charge one million pounds.

That includes VAT, materials, VAT on materials, fuel, removal and disposal of waste, and moving the house one foot to the left.

What happens to the rose bushes when the house has been moved 12 inches. Is the cat going to be happy with the move?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back