Is this pre-primed skirting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Just moved into a new house and about to paint the skirting.

It looks to me as if this is 'pre-primed' skirting and has just never been painted. It certainly doesn't look like it has been brush painted. Sprayed maybe. It's a light grey colour.

1. Can anyone shed any light?

2. if it is pre-primed, can I just go straight in with the satin paint? I want to go water based for easier cleanup. Seems like most people recommend Johnstone's water based satin over the Dulux satinwood?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_3423.JPG
    IMG_3423.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 159
Sponsored Links
Can't tell from the picture, but will take your word for the fact it's not been previously painted properly. However, as it's not bare wood, there shouldn't be any need for primer. Just sand, undercoat and couple of topcoats and should look smart :)

Sponsored Links
Looks like pre primed MDF, rub down and undercoat and top coat as normal. May need a second top coat but no primer needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back