Is this quote reasonable?

Sponsored Links
Premises £300

I thought you gave up your premises and worked from home which is heated by a 7 kW boiler output ( with the weather compensation disconnected as an experiment ) ?

Tony

I picked up on that too Agile. The costings are way over. I suggest it might be a bit of a tax dodge.

My solicitor charges a lower daily rate than this plumbing firm!!!

My solicitor charges over £200 + VAT / hour.

I do not know of any round here that are less :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Christ no - I lived and worked in Harrogate once - never again. Full of moaning norherners who can't afford to move to civilisation ;)

I have an office and a large log cabin set aside for the company - it is a fair charge for "use of premises" per month for the percentage of my land not usable by my family. It is what I pay an accountant for. You would be a fool to pay more tax than you had to.

I would rate your solicitor much by the way.

Christ no - I lived and worked in Harrogate once - never again. Full of moaning norherners who can't afford to move to civilisation ;)

Then youll know Harrogate was voted the second best place to live in the Uk, second only to Westminster! Shame we couldnt prop you up and you had to move..................

Work in Westminster all the time - why do they think that is the best place to live?

One thing I did enjoy was the Wedding conference - lots of lingerie models wanting room service (ahem).

Wow. You're a touchy lot aren't you? Please excuse me for not knowing the right terminology for piping, or for knowing whether this was a fair rate; if I was a plumber I wouldn't need to be posting questions on this website in the first place would I?

All I wanted to know was whether a day rate of about £300 was about right for a professional, competent plumber in my part of the country. I think, from what you've said, it's about right. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back