Is this really true?

Sponsored Links
Great news! My husband has arranged for a polish guy to come and give a quote! So exciting, lets see what he comes up with! :mrgreen:

He'll be cheap as chips and wreck your house.

Sponsored Links
They're all like that?
Clearly not, like everything else, the quality can vary. But I would be after a builder I knew, or had personal recommendation of if they where going to be doing any work on my house.

Daniel

Oh it's good to know they're not all like that. I mean that would be ignorant to think that wouldn't it.

It is ok, we have a builder coming tomorrow. He is a friend of the family so we will see how that goes.

What is so funny about knowing rules and regulations? You think you're the only ones who know?

In 20 odd years I've never met one Interior designer who knew anything about Building Regs tis all! Always a first time though. :LOL:

For the last time, when I said technical stuff I was referring to fire regs, dda compliance etc. I was responding to the person who mentioned fire escapes etc. That is what I meant when I said technical stuff.

I did not say I know everything about building regs.

Not it is not funny. It is full of very sensitive tradesmen who do not like interior designers or the Polish.

Can't imagine how you must feel about Polish interior designers.

Anyway we had a visit from a builder today and he says it is an easy job and he has taken my plan home to price up. (Because I know the technical stuff I was able to draw one up you see.)

Not it is not funny. It is full of very sensitive tradesmen who do not like interior designers or the Polish.

Can't imagine how you must feel about Polish interior designers.

Anyway we had a visit from a builder today and he says it is an easy job and he has taken my plan home to price up. (Because I know the technical stuff I was able to draw one up you see.)

That's why I said it was hilarious on so many levels.

We have your good self ie a 'qualified' interior designer. I have no idea what qualifications are required to be an interior designer :LOL:

And then we have the 'sensitive' tradesmen who would like everybody to believe that all Polish/foreign builders will wreck your house.

Love it... :mrgreen:

I have a degree in interior design. Where as you are not required to do much. Attend college in between smoking breaks and be well versed in past editions of the Sun newspaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back