Is this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a 10 year old house, interlocking concrete roof tiles.

Lifted some tiles to feed a cable through yesterday and the felt is not supported between the bottom lath and the facia leaving a sag. In one place a tile is cracked and water has collected in the felt where it sags.

Should there be a board under the felt to stop the sag and ensure that the water runs off rather than collecting?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yes that's the one although your link is 20 miles off.

This is better

blith_res.jpg

NHBC and builder's representatives visited today . . . .

NHBC is not sure if the damage to the felt is covered, possibly just damage to tiles and rafters. If so replacing a piece of felt would be covered if cost is over £813 - min claim value.

Both say the eaves trays are good practice rather than required so not covered.

Will wait and see what the letter says.

Have replaced the broken tile so should not have any more water getting in and will consider whether we do anything, would probably need around 50m of eaves trays.

I bought mine form a building plastics firm in Market Street in Rugely. I think it might have been called GB Plastics. I can't remember the price. They come in a pack of about 10, each about 1.5 metres long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back