lifting row of slates at eaves to retro fit support tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently removed the plasterboard off my vaulted single storey lean-to extension to install some insulation and have discovered that all of the rafters where supported on the wall plate at the eaves are damp.

Having done some investigation it looks like the felt has sagged at the eaves/facia board due to the lack of felt support.

To rectify the problem I am thinking of installing a plastic eaves support tray. Can anyone tell me how I would go about lifting the bottom row of eaves tiles to retro fit an eaves tray and also how I would fix them back down after.

The slates are fibre cement slates.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I cannot see any missing or broken tiles, however I understand that if the tiles were doing their job there would no need for the felt.

The moisture is very localised at the eaves, possibly the lap is not sufficient for the pitch so there is wind driven moisture getting under the tiles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back