Is this suitable for battens on roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Im looking at replacing some battens on my garage roof, homebase is close and handy for me to get to.

Would this type of treated wood be suitable for me to use on the roof? I don't have a lot of spare money I know a builders yard would be preferable but as mentioned homebase would be easier for me.

https://www.homebase.co.uk/sawn-treated-softwood-19-x-38mm-x-1.8m/12815688.html

I realise i also need to measure the wood thickness to ensure I match whats currently there.

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
If the existing is 19 x 38 then it'll do. But you are paying over the odds per metre

Thanks guys really appreciate it I went down and bought some as I needed it ASAP and all sorted. Got some of the old bits off and new fresh wood nailed in.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Pleasure - and thanks for update - always great to hear the outcome.

I've got a previous thread with my current redo on my garage roof. It's been a quick job turned into a complete nightmare for me.

I'll be uploading pictures and the end product once it's all finished I hope.

I need to refelt one half, got one half done, redo undercloak and then cement it all up, 4 verges and ridge.

Issue I'm having is some of the battens the wood want straight so I'm finding it difficult to get them back on how they were originally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back