Isar Boiler condensate problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I hope that you can help me, the condensate pipe was blocked on my boiler and the engineer disconnected the pipe and let in drain into a bucket, he said he was coming back but has'nt as yet

Is the condensate draining into a bucket an issue as I have no idea what is draining, whether its just water and does it affect the operation of the boiler??

Your help is grately received

Thanks

Sponsored Links
on ideal isars the company i work for class it as AR wen the condensate terminates to a open end inside the property (because of the size of the trap)
where is it blocked? i presume its blocked in the pipework after the boiler? if it is just unblock it yourself and reconnect the condensate

Thanks for the reply, i assume it must be blocked after as it is currently draining into a bucket quite happily.

Oh what do you mean by AR?? Im not very technical Im afraid

Arran

AR stands for At Risk - basically they advise ya not to use it till its sorted

where does the condensate terminate?

Sponsored Links
The pipe that was disconnected runs out the exterior wall, they just put another piece of pipe in at the mo to drain into the bucket under the boiler.

yeah i live in a coach house so 1st floor, just having a look the pipe goes out the wall to a pipe running down the outside wall into the ground. So i assume the bloackage is somewhere in there.

Although it was the fact its been several months since i had the work done that worried me as its still draining indoors, but as long as its not a major issue I suppose its fine

It is a fairly major issue.
If I found this situation, I would have given you a formal document stating that the boiler is At Risk of causing injury or death, and either confirmation that I have turned the boiler off for safety reasons, or that you refused to let me turn it off.
The condensate pipe is directly connected to the combustion chamber, and if the built in safety is not large enough, you run the risk of the boiler blowing CO into the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back